Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church
Location: Covent Garden Central London
Building Type: Church
Bloomsbury Central Baptist Church stands on Shaftesbury Avenue in the heart of central London. When it was opened in 1848 it was the first Baptist Chapel to stand prominently on any London street. It was built by Sir Samuel Morton Peto MP to a design by John Gibson, who had also worked on the Houses of Parliament, in a neo-Italianate style.
SCALA architects have been appointed by the Church to provide ongoing advice in the maintenance and update of the building including a planning application to make modification to the fabric of this Grade II listed building, designed to bring the church into modern use.
A Chartered Member of the Royal Institute of British Architects